Sunday, April 12

Happy Easter!

I loved Easter when I was a little kid. In fact, I still do. There was just something about dressing up in new, pretty, spring-like dresses, wearing outrageous hats, waking up to see that the Easter Bunny had come, and then going on Easter Egg Hunts. I just decided right now that Colleen must have a metal detector embedded somewhere on her person. That is the only way she was able to find all of the money-filled eggs. Every single time. No joke. 

These past two Easters have been kind of sad only because I haven't been home. I haven't been able to wake up and find candy on my bed, then walk out to the living room and find my three baskets worth of candy and goodies, or had any of my mother's Easter ham. Not that the ham was anything special. I'm also not really complaining. Last Easter, my mother and I had an early Easter so I could come back to school before the holiday rush. This Easter, I spent the day with friends. And seeing "Guys and Dolls" on Broadway. See? I really have no reason to complain. 

Back to "Guys and Dolls" though. While it had its short-comings (the dancing was a little to hyper and intense, Lauren Graham's Adelaide had a very deep voice for some strange reason--that girl could sing, Kate Jennings Grant had a weird voice, I could go on), it was good overall. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time, I was bouncing with excitement at random intervals from about 12 pm to about...well, now actually. I got to meet Oliver Platt (and tell him that I thought he was really good in "The West Wing"), Chris Bierko, and got a wave from Lauren Graham! 

So. All in all, the magic of Easters past might not be lost after all. It was a good day.

love,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment