Wednesday, April 1

Breaking Down

I just spoke to my future advisor about becoming a History major. Premodern History. My major declaration form is due today and for some reason I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. If not nervous, then emotional. And I still have two classes left! Breaking down is NOT an option! I shouldn't even be on the verge of breaking down. I (almost) have an amazing advisor and I'll be majoring in something I love--why is this so hard??

I just had the bright idea to put my headphones in and listen to some music. It's already calming my nerves.

I'm thinking of doing a movie/music Monday thing. You know, like, movies/music you should check out, songs I constantly have on repeat, etc. Thoughts?

In a completely different direction, Sarah Dessen just launched a new online community for her fans called Sarah-land. As you would know if you knew me, I'm a sucker for quotes. I actively seek them out a lot of the time. So, as a fan of Sarah Dessen, I decided to check Sarah-land out and, lo and behold, I found a thread about Sarah Dessen quotes. Can you say goldmine? Anyway, I'll probably be dispersing a lot of her quotes throughout this blog mainly because she's kind of amazing and I love her books and quotes. Here's one I found today that really resonated with me in my current state: "Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend." (from Someone Like You)

Now, I haven't read Someone Like You, but I can completely understand this quote and would just like to say that I have been completely and utterly blessed to have as many good friends that I have now. I've never been one of those people that has, like, 90 different friends. Heck, I can pretty much count all of my friends on my two hands. Okay, I might need three hands, but that is stretching it a bit. I've always been taught quality over quantity and it is something I believe in wholeheartedly. I wouldn't know what I would have done if I didn't have my really close friends (you know who you are). I've been through some rough times and am truly thankful that they are able to just sit and listen and comfort. And when I'm freaking out about something that I should be freaking out about, or I get really angry or frustrated at someone for a heinously stupid reason, they aren't afraid to tell me.

Oh God. The nervous breakdown is coming back.... I have to go get one last signature on my major declaration form. The heart rate is accelerating. Not even A Fine Frenzy can save me now.

Love,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment